Frequently Asked Questions
Cellenis® PRP is the most advanced and innovative Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) preparation system in the market to obtain highly pure and effective PRP for medical use. Cellenis PRP is a unique and innovative, non surgical healing treatment, widely used in aesthetics, hair restoration, sexual rejuvenation and other related procedures, where the natural components of the patient are harnessed to promote skin and tissue rejuvenation. Essential components reside in the PRP will ultimately promote the development of new blood vessels and stimulate collagen, elastin and cellular growth, as well as improving local blood supply and hydration. The skin texture and tone will gradually improve and lead to a younger looking skin.
PRP is defined as an autologous concentrated preparation of platelets and their associated growth factors in a small volume of plasma and is thought to promote physiological wound healing and rapid tissue regeneration
- Cell growth & collagen synthesis, which are contributing to skin tightness and tissue remodeling
- Improvement of new blood vessels to improve skin nourishment and glow
- Refining the fine lines and eliminating stretch marks
- Eliminating dark circles around the eyes
- Healing sun damaged skin and acne scars
- Promoting hair growth
Visible results may take between 2-6 weeks and vary between individuals, depending on different factors e.g: general health, age, diet, smoking, skin type.
A small sample of patient’s blood will be taken by your physician into a sterile tube (in the exact same manner as a standard blood test, causing minimal pain). The blood is then centrifuged to easily separate the desired PRP from the whole blood. Approximately 10-15 minutes later, the PRP is ready for injection. Once on site, the growth factors and other regenerative molecules are released leading to collagen and elastin formation as well as cellular growth and skin remodeling, resulting in long-lasting skin rejuvenation.
Dermal filler is a foreign material designed to give volume and fill up lines in a specific area. PRP is self-sourced and actively helps your skin to repair itself by improving skin complexion and restoring its natural glow.
The sensations vary between each person and treatment. Since PRP is autologous (self-sourced), adverse reactions are rare. You may experience slight redness, swelling, mild bruising and pain. Those reactions usually pass in a day or two.
There is no need to discontinue other supportive therapies as a synergism effect is usually beneficial for reducing healing time.
Contradiction include pregnancy, breast feeding, autoimmune or blood pathologies and cancer. Furthermore, consistent use of NSAID drugs within 48 hours of Cellenis PRP application should be avoided. For more information, please consult your physician.
Clinical evidence has shown that combining PRP with other rejuvenation techniques, such as fillers, mesotherapy and laser treatments induces a synergistic beneficial effect.
No blood test is needed prior to use.
Your physician will examine your skin and other factors and will recommend a treatment regimen. Although the course of therapy may vary, usually the Cellenis® PRP treatment is performed by administrating in a series of 3 sessions, 3-6 weeks apart. Maintenance treatments are recommended every 6-12 months for optimal long-lasting results.
Patients experiencing pregnancy, breast feeding, autoimmune or blood pathologies, platelet dysfunction syndrome, critical thrombocytopenia, hypofibrinogenaemia, haemodynamic instability, sepsis, acute andchronic infections, chronic liver pathology, anti-coagulation therapy and cancer should not be treated by PRP.
Stop NSAIDs at least 7 days (7-10 days) prior to and 6 weeks after the PRP injection. Additionally, corticosteroid injection should be avoided for the same length of time! Systemic use of coriticosteroids should be avoided. Additionally, the use of blood thinners or anticoagulant therapy also contradicts the PRP treatment.
You can immediately return to your daily activities, however skin redness may appear for 1-2 days after the treatment.
The sensations vary between people and applications. As PRP is self-sourced, adverse reactions are rare. You may experience slight redness, swelling, mild bruising and pain. These symptoms usually pass within few hours to few days. Your healthcare provider will give you specific post-treatment care instructions.
Among the key advantages of the Cellenis System™ comparing to relevant competitors:
- Cellenis® is much easier system for blood operation and platelet purification and concentration in comparison with competitors systems.
- Only 10 minutes centrifugation.
- The simple preparation process takes no more than 15 minutes from blood collection to PRP harvesting.
- The flexible and easy to use system enables the users to obtain higher/lower concentration by simply adjusting the amount of clear plasma removed from the tube.
- Expensive capital equipment is not required. Simple low cost fix or swing centrifuge perfectly works with Cellenis®.
- The Cellenis® system results in highly pure platelet isolation to obtain pure PRP with its growth factors without red blood cells and granulocytes. Additionally, the process ensures optimum concentration of platelets and their growth factors at a rate of 4-5 folds above base line.
- The Cellenis® system possesses all medical device certifications as needed. Cellenis® is US patented, FDA cleared (510K) for orthopedics as well as CE certified (Class II). The Cellenis is being successfully distributed in more than 45 countries worldwide including in the US.